My family wants to have burgers every week. As potatoes are off the menu for me, I need a french frie substitute. These butternut squash are caramelized so that you don’t even miss the ketchup (no night shades on AIP). Serve with Coconut Aoli!
- butternut squash, try to find one with a large neck
- 2 TB duck fat or avocado oil.
- salt and pepper to taste
- heat oven to 400 degrees
- cut ends off of squash. Cut neck off of bulb. Stand the neck on the end and slice off skin. Cut the remaining flesh into fries. Slice skin off the bulb, cut in half, scoop out seed and cut into Fries.
- toss butternut with melted duck fat or avocado oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste
- roast in over 30-45 minutes. Browning on each side
BUTTERNUT AND DAIKON FRIES
Add Daikon cut into fries with the butternut and cook as usual. It adds a nice bitter flavor.